5 Benefits of Wine
While we may swear off alcohol if we are trying to get in shape, studies have shown that it’s actually okay to indulge in a glass (or two) of wine a week. Take a look at five benefits of wine below. I promise they are really nothing to ‘whine’ about.
1. Prevents Diseases: wine has been shown to reduce the risk of certain diseases, and cancers. Red wine is especially good for your heart’s health since it’s rich in antioxidants, and can lower ‘bad’ cholesterol.
2. Boosts Brain Power: studies have shown blood flow to the brain increases after having a few sips of wine which in turn makes you focus more and perform with better accuracy.
3. Slows Down Aging: Research has shown red wine can have anti-aging effects due to a chemical present, known as resveratrol.
4. Provides Oral Health: red wine can actually help protect the enamel on our teeth. It’s also effective by preventing inflammation of our gums.
5. Helps You Get a Good Night’s Sleep: In need of some extra Zzz’s? Melatonin found in wine can help you doze off easier when you’re ready to go to bed so you can get your recommended hours of sleep you need.
Still worried you’ll ruin all progress from drinking wine? Don’t! Doctor’s even recommend you can have 1-2 glasses a day! Sound like too much wine for you still? That’s okay! Just have a glass in moderation, be mindful and keep a glass of water on the side if you prefer & just watch out for the cheese plate! Plus, most importantly, make sure you are 21+ of course!